3/12/2012

Tyson ashamed of ear biting incident


The disgraced heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson has given his first television interview since he was disqualifed for biting the ear of Evander Holyfield in their fight in Las Vegas in June.




Tyson bit Holyfield's ear twice before he was disqualified by referee Mills Lane. Tyson admitted that he now feels disgusted when he watches video recordings of the fight. He said: "It's tough for me to watch, it's tough for you to watch, but you watch it and joke about it. I have to watch it with disgust, disdain, it's my humiliation."
He added: "That was just striking out in pure hatred. For that one moment I just forgot he was a human being."
Tyson has also spoken of his fear of not regaining his boxing licence which was suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission following the fight.

"Truly, I think I'll be banned for the rest of my life," Tyson said. "I truly think everyone hates me," he said. "I truly believe that. Because no one gets punished more than I am. But I understand. I'm a big boy and I believe big boys have big ordeals to be dealt with."
Tyson can request reinstatement of the licence after one year has passed since his suspension in July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment